Monday, February 4, 2013

Something is Wrong

It all started a little after Thanksgiving. I was gaining a little more weight in my abdomen area and a few more problems that finally sent me to a clinic open on the weekend. They did do an x-ray but the doctor did not see anything. He made a suggestion and I was on my way. His suggestion was not working but I thought I just needed to give it some time.

Fast forward to Christmas. My husband and I travelled to see my family. We planned to stay with my mom. By this time I was feeling very uncomfortable. I could not sleep in bed but was sleeping in a recliner. I had gained more weight and just felt wrong. My mom took me to a local emergency room.

I had an x-ray and CT scan completed at the emergency room. The doctor found a mass and thought it was very important that I see my ob/GYN. So, we went back to mom's house. Time for some sleep and then to talk.

We did Christmas early as my husband and I decided to go back home and get in touch with my doctor. It was quick and crazy!!

I finally meet with my doctor who refers me to someone else. We meet with him, set a surgery date and hope I can make it until then. My abdomen had gotten larger and doing some simple things was not easy. My husband was now putting my socks on as I could not do it myself. Driving was not comfortable and so my husband and I were back to car pooling. Surgery seemed like it could not come fast enough!!

I am so looking forward to surgery. I am just ready to get this mass out!! I want to get back to normal. Surgery will be a game changer (and will be its own post).

Keep following!! I will be trying to catch you up to where I am now.

Thanks for reading!!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment