Sunday, February 10, 2013

Surgery

It is finally the day of surgery. At first, I am more excited to know that this mass will come out of me. But, I do have a minute (or a few) where I feel nervous and anxious about the surgery. No backing out now!!

For some reason, I do not do surgery well. It took me awhile to come out of recovery to then be moved to a room. I was definitely glad my mom was there when I got to the room. Yes, as old as I am, I was still glad my mom was there.

The result of the biopsy was that it is Ovarian Cancer. I do not think it set in with me. I think my mom did take it hard. Cancer is still a scary thing. Does anyone ever want to hear the word cancer? I doubt it but it is what it is. Now, what do I do with this new diagnosis? My main focus was just trying to feel normal after surgery.

After surgery, I feel a little out of it. There are nurses wanting vitals, blood work, give me medicine, and a few other things. I'm so glad I had great nurses.

I did not like the food. Who does? A lot of jello and chicken broth. And my personal opinion, do not do the meat broth!! At least the chicken broth reminded of chicken noodle soup. The meat broth just did not taste good at all!! I was not going to get regular food until I made a longer trip to the bathroom. I was starting to get tired of all the broth after a few days!!

Well, after awhile, I was allowed to finally go home. I am excited to go home. I will miss the great staff but will be glad to be home. So long hospital!!

Jenn

1 comment: