Sunday, May 12, 2013

Fluid Evacuation!!

My doctor finally got the recommendation from the other doctor in Northern Virginia.  Yahoo!! Now, the fluid will be taken off my lung area for testing for another chemo drug to use in connection with the Avastin.

I am excited to know if there is another chemo that can work with the Avastin.  I hope that one is found that I can use.  However, I am a little prepared for the news of nothing worked.  I guess it is the prepare for the worst and hope for the best kind of attitude going on with me.

Also, fluid on the abdomen area will be taken off in the same visit.  Usually, both procedures are not done at the same time.  Somehow the nurse at the doctor's office pulled some strings and both will be done during in the same visit.  I am so glad as I had been somewhat uncomfortable while going to sleep so that is why I spoke up.  And I am glad I did!!

Am I nervous to do both in the same day? Yes, yes I am.  There are always risks with everything.  I am remind of how I felt after the last fluid was taken off.  I did feel better.  I am also thinking of how the doctor is trying to find something to help treat me.  I will try to do what I can to help out!!

So, here goes nothing!!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment